Thursday, April 1, 2010

This week we had a speaker named Ro Potter and she taught on human trafficking. She told us a lot of personal encounters that she had with human trafficking, which was really interesting. She taught us not only from the victims perspective but the john and the pimp as well. She told us a story about a man who was into trafficking women and what happened before he started doing it. I realized that a lot of the time I get really mad at the pimp or the trafficker but what I didn’t realize was that they have a story too. They were not born with a cold heart but they most likely got there from past abuse. I’m not saying this is right but the pimps and traffickers are hurting people as well.

This week was a really sad week for ministry because it was our last week working with Metro Ministries. It was a really good last week and we have a lot of good memories to look back at with the kids. I am going to miss them a lot. This week I got to share my testimony in front of the kids which was really nice even though I was really nervous it was worth planting that seed in their lives. I got to share about my father and how he was never in my life and how God can take the place of a physical father.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-ambroz/35-foster-children-dead-s_b_520584.html

In this article it is talking about how 35 foster children have died in Las Angeles, California since 2008. The most recent being a two year old who was killed by a hammer by a caregiver in a foster care agency. Throughout the article they are talking about how the kids are not being checked up on by outside sources. They suggested that they want to use technology to help share data and information about the youth and their placement.

Prayer Points

*Placed with safe and loving caregivers
*Good new Director of Child Welfare
*New system that would work

No comments:

Post a Comment